mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I just bought a used Mercedes E320 cdi 2005 Elegance .Topped

Customer Question

I just bought a used Mercedes E320 cdi 2005 Elegance .Topped up fuel. Left engine run
on idle to warm up but noticed white smoke from exhaust. Observed for
20 minutes, smoke did not stop.
What could be the possible cause of this smoke. It was not there when I was purchasing and car has not been moved after delivery.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
From what you are describing and the most common reason for this to happen is a restricted sprayer on one of the injectors/dirty injector. The easiest way to solve this problem is to run some fuel injector cleaner through the system.