MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
15777119

Hi, can you tell me what is the most common problems for a

Customer Question

Hi, can you tell me what is the most common problems for a C250 2.2 CDi BlueEFF elegance? The year is 2010 and it has 81000 miles on the clock? Thank you
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  MB Paul replied 4 years ago.

MB Paul :

Hi, my name is Paul & I will try to assist you

MB Paul :

The W204 C Class has been a very good model on the whole - we do see a few problems & I would always recommend a full vehicle inspection by someone that knows Mercedes prior to purchase

MB Paul :

The injection system has been a particular issue - mainly now sorted out by a series of service measures (paid for by Mercedes under warranty) that replace all the injectors & ECU on affected models - I would check to see if any car you buy has had this done if required

MB Paul :

If you let me know the VIN number of any vehicle I can check for any outstanding recalls or service measures when I am back at work Monday

MB Paul :

There has also been some coolant leak problems - from a fitting on the plastic fuel filter housing and the water pump mainly - again the filter housing is subject to a service measure on many models & both of these are often covered under goodwill by Mercedes even if there is no service measure if they do leak

MB Paul :

We have also seen a few vehicles with knocking noises coming from the front shock absorbers

MB Paul :

Some door lock modules can fail causing the lock not to function on that door.

MB Paul :

If the vehcile is fitted with a DPF filter then we also sometimes see issues with this system (often problems with sensors rather than the DPF filter itself)

MB Paul :

Generally they are quite a good reliable model other than these items

MB Paul :

Best regards, Paul