MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
15777119

I have a mercedes 203 model .The dash clocks stoped working

Customer Question

I have a mercedes 203 model .The dash clocks stoped working took it to garage man. Dash clock panel had to be replaced so i got a second one .When i got it fitted it no longer shows up the milage of the car. Apparently they just dont sink to main computer is there a way or some one who knows how to fix this problem???
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  MB Paul replied 3 years ago.

MB Paul :

Hi, my name is Paul and I will try to assist you

MB Paul :

Mercedes digital dash's are only designed for a new unit to be installed and the mileage transferred using Mercedes STAR diagnostic tool - once the mileage is set the dash is lockedto the car and there is no way for a dealer to adjust this mileage

MB Paul :

If you have fitted a second hand instrument cluster then this is the problem you are faced with - the car knows that this is the incorrect unit

MB Paul :

There are specialist "mileage correction" companies that may be able to help - this is not something that we would do or use in a dealer as we would only fit a new unit for fresh coding.

MB Paul :

Here is once such company - I would recommend searching for a company local to you and asking if they can recode your units mileage:

MB Paul :

Best regards, Paul