mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi Paul, the alarm went off on my 2001 CLK200K W208, since

Customer Question

Hi Paul, the alarm went off on my 2001 CLK200K W208, since going off the central locking will not work. I got in to the car using the blade key and the key fob works in the ignition but I can not open the trunk or filler cap, so I can't refuel the car.
Can the trunk be opened with the star computer ? (the lock barrel on thr trunk is broken so I can't use the blade)

Regards,
Keith
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

Yes the star diagnostic tool can be used to open the trunk and the fuel filler cap,a command can be sent to open them.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike, do you think my problem is with the alarm siren (common problem) or could it lay with the SAM unit.

Do I have an aux battery controlling the convenience features??

From the description of this issue, I believe the problem is with the alarm siren. Your model should just have the one vehicle battery.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you think if I disconnect the alarm siren (I will replace it) that I will regain the function of my central locking ?

Is the alarm siren located in the lower left side in between the bumper and the wheel arch ?

No because with it disconnected the system will detect it is disconnected and still set a fault in the system.Yes the alarm siren is located in the lower left side in between the bumper and the wheel arch.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry for all the questions, so if I replace the alarm siren (if thats the problem) it should restore my central locking ??

Yes that is correct.
Let me know if you need further assistance,you can respond back to this question at anytime after rating positive if you need further help,thank you.