Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

the blower on my sprinter stopped working, I have changed the

Customer Question

the blower on my sprinter stopped working, I have changed the fuse, the resistor, and checked the motor, the motor still works, could it be the switch?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome-

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you ..

If the resistor is ok - and the fuses etc - and you have power to the motor via the resistor...and the motor works when tested - that does tend to point to a switch fault.

These are quite a simple straight forward system on this Sprinter - so check the circuit to be sure as above.

Generally when a resistor fails, the heater blower will work on the highest setting only - IF thats the case- the resistor is at fault.

If thats not the case - and you have separately powered the motor and it works ok, then testing the circuit you must have no power going through - that then points to either a fault in the wiring / connections or switch yes - that would be the next area to check / to sort this out for you.

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Please do click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.