Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Re my 2003 C270 cdi avantgarde estate. Has started today to

Customer Question

Re my 2003 C270 cdi avantgarde estate. Has started today to make to make a fairly loud ticking noise at about a regular 1 per sec even when parked, engine and everything else off. Has continued just the same at same rate and volume for 6 hours so far. Rate is similar to but not quite the same or coincident with immobiliser or direction indicator lights. Doesn't come from the console, and is louder under the bonnet, but definitely comes from something (for me inaccessibly) low down.

Could it be from an electric relay for the fuel pump, hydraulics or whatever that has somehow got stuck on? I don't want my battery to run out overnight, nor incur 100s of pounds taking it to a garage, so any suggestions?
Thanks, John
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello John,

Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

Does your vehicle have the air suspension?