Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

trunk lock stuck mercedes e270 cdi 2005 model

Customer Question

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im sorry to hear your plight..

When this happens if it wont open on the fob or button not key as well, this is usually indicative of either a seized or otherwise broken mechanism or barrel - Usually the barrel is seized through lack of key use though - separately if you understand - so you can try several squirts of wd40 in the barrel - give it time to work - 30 mins or so..come back , give it some more and then try it-- careful not to break the key - but give some to try and free it.. It will usually come / work.

To unlock the boot manually / with the key - while inserting the key push the lock in and turn it to the left about 1/4 turn. The key needs to remain in the lock -- You may need to do this a several times to get it to work - it usually will..

Im assuming this is just the boot lock issue - and not a general car flat battery issue - if it is a flat battery issue, let me know and I'll tell you how to get round that... but otherwise its as above... then once in, you have to further investigate just why this has happened - Common faults are broken wiring on the boot hinge in the boot - so check that too..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Please do click on the "OK rating to Excellent ratings" service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.