Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

Windscreen washer motor is not working on kompressor

Customer Question

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.

Marty :

Hi, my name is Marty. There is no external fuse for the windshield washer pump on this model. The washer pump is fuse internally through the front signal acquisition module. The most common problem is a faulty washer pump itself. A voltage test needs to be performed at the washer pump connector to verify that there is voltage present when the washer switch is depressed. If you have voltage to the connector the washer pump will need to be replaced.

Marty :

Please let me know if you have any questions.

JACUSTOMER-1cgvvh93- : Where is the pump located thanks
Marty :

Hi, the washer pump is located in the side of the windshield washer container. I am assuming your car is a C class Mercedes.

Marty :

Let me know if you need anything else.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi now as we'll as the washer motor not working the wipers have also stopped
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jim, is the hood open while you are testing the wipers? The wipers will not work if the hood is not closed.