Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Multi function display not displaying correctly

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Mercedes C200, the multi function display on the dash board stopped working properly. It displays correctly (black background with white writing) when I put the key in the ignition, but once I start the engine the whole display starts to go white then becomes unreadable. The drivers footwell in my car was wet at the same time, I think this was because the drain on the bonnet was blocked, I have sorted this now but can't find a trace of where the water came from so don't know if this is a coincidence or not. Any ideas?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The problem seems to have resolved itself now, I'm not sure whether some water got into it because the windscreen drain was blocked. Since this morning It is working fine now though so please cancel the question