MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
15777119

Hi, Ive just opened the boot of my E320 and then inadvertently

Customer Question

Ive just opened the boot of my E320 and then inadvertently shut the boot with the key inside, the car is locked - is there anyway I can get into the boot now to recover the key?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  MB Paul replied 3 years ago.

MB Paul :

Hi, My name is Paul & will try to assist.

MB Paul :

This is not too unusual to be honest - owner pops the boot using the key fob, puts the ket in the boot, takes out shopping & shuts the boot again. Vehicle remains locked!

MB Paul :

There are few options Im afraid

MB Paul :

1 - best option is to gain entry using your spare key - if no key is available then a dealer can usually emergency order a key for the next working day.

MB Paul :

2 - if the key is accessible then break one of the rear lamps - force past the interior trims & reach in to get the keys

MB Paul :

3 - I have heard of some locksmiths being able to gain entry using by picking the mechanical lock in the boot lid. The laser cut keys on a Mercedes are not easy to crack & is not something I have ever arranged, but have heard of it.

MB Paul :

the spare key is certainly the best & easiest option

MB Paul :

Best regards, Paul