Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Mercedes atego fault code mr1 0309 and mr1 0312 fault codes,

Customer Question

Mercedes atego fault code mr1 0309 and mr1 0312 fault codes, what do they mean.
The truck is has no power and sometimes cuts out on tickover, then starts straight away
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I would like you to refund the money for the question

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The truck is not pulling properly, it dies away going uphill.

If left ticking over it randomly cuts out.

It will restart straight away

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE... Im happy to help you.

You mentioned above that you wished to cancel your question - but then added more info..So could you please just let me know if you do still need help with this - if so, I can continue with you -

Kind Rgds, MIKE....................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes if you can help please do

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again -

Thank you for your reply - Im happy to help -

Ok - the fault codes you have mean - as follows :

P0309 Cylinder 9 Misfire Detected

P0312 Cylinder 12 Misfire Detected

So the Ecu - engine management computer is detecting a misfire on those cylinders - This can be an electronic fault / wiring etc - fuel pump or injectors...

Either way that would cause the loss of power and cutting out / dying you mention - so thats what needs to be further investigated now..

I would suspect injector or control faults to be honest - but you just cannot tell without deeper fuel system tests - I would actually suggest a diesel specialist on this - as they have all the equipment for diesel pump / injector testing and so on - cheaper than dealers!

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Please do click on the "OK rating to Excellent ratings" service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Very Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

These are obd2 codes that you are quoating

this truck is not misfiring. The codes I gave are for a mercedes truck.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again -

That is correct - you said above -

It will restart straight away.. and gave me those codes.

Injector faults wil cause what you have - or as I said above..

Rgds, MIKE.