Christine-cssm
Christine-cssm,
51872716

mercedes 240 (1999) windscreen wiper parks mid screen instead

Customer Question

mercedes 240 (1999) windscreen wiper parks mid screen instead of to the drivers right. New wiper motor fitted approx 2 years ago. Would not expect motor to be faulty. Is there a simple
adjustment to solve the problem ?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Hi, there is no simple adjustment for the wiper parking mid screen. If the wiper parks mid screen it means that the wiper linkage has shifted on the motor or the gear in the motor has slipped or the gear in the wiper linkage has slipped. The wiper system needs to be removed from the car and retimed. Most likely you will find that the nut that secures the linkage to the motor was not tightened properly and has allowed the linkage to shift. To time the system the motor is removed from the linkage and turned on then off so it will park itself then the wiper is placed in the park position and the motor is reassembled to the linkage and tightened.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Remember to rate my service when you are done so I can receive credit for the information I have provided.
Expert:  Christine-cssm replied 3 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at [email protected] and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.

The JustAnswer Customer Support Team.