MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
15777119

My 2002 w211 merc is displaying brake defective, visit workshop.

Customer Question

My 2002 w211 merc is displaying brake defective, visit workshop. and continuous bleeping with a very soft pedal. My mecanic say code C26EC is coming up. I had the brakes done and a leaking brake pipe fixed. Do they need to be done by computor or a special way. Would the SBC pump be damaged by this bleeding?Please help. The Sbc pump no is XXXXXXXXXX
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  MB Paul replied 3 years ago.

Sorry for any delay you have had in getting a reply.

The SBC braking system needs to be bled out with a high pressure bleeding unit attached and also with the use of Mercedes STAR diagnostic system.

The SBC unit is a computerised "brake by wire" system and the only way to successfully bleed the system is by connecting it up in this way - STAR diagnostic tool actuates the SBC hydraulic unit to force the fluid through the system with a pressure bleeder attached.

You shouldnt have damaged the pump but I would strongly recommend having a Mercedes dealer or specialist complete this work.

Best regards, Paul