Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

Digital service

Customer Question

Hi, I've got a MB CLC 60 plate and I understand that it doesn't come with a service booklet. MB has now introduced Digital Service and I believe you can only do this through the franchise and not private garage. It's costing me £250 just for a Service A and £130 from a private garage. What proof do I have that I've got service history if I go to a private garage so that when I do sell the car in the future I've got some sort of documents or proof for the buyer.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE -Im happy to help you .. Im sorry to see you have had a wait on your question..

What you are saying is quite correct - A MB dealer if you have it serviced with them, will keep records of the car - its servicing etc - what its had by way of parts etc -and any repairs too - records of same.. all of which you can request print outs of for your records.

A private / independent garage can do the same for you -- Its worth noting that not all small garages keep computerised records - so should you wish to have the info by way of print outs you would need to confirm how the garage operates that you choose to use.. otherwise the records would have to be written / keeping copies of invoices / receipts etc.

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Please do click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.