Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I own a Mercedes E320 CDI AVANTGARDE AUTO. Date of first

Customer Question

I own a Mercedes E320 CDI AVANTGARDE AUTO.

Date of first registration 21/07/2003

Registration BX03 RXK

Around mid 2004 it had a safety recall to replace the SBC unit.

Last week the brake warning light came on and stated take to garage.

I immediately dropped it into a garage in Birmingham who diagnosed it was the SBC unit
and that only a Mercedes Dealer could repair it and as it was a safety critical item it should be replaced free of charge.

I visited the Mercedes service dealer to be told that I would have to pay for the work as it had already been replaced once.

Further investigation has led me to find that other people have had the SBC unit replaced more than once at no charge.

Please advise.

Kind Regards

Jon
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Jon,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Shantal,

I need an answer today otherwise your info will be of no use as I have already been waiting quite a while and my problem needs to be sorted.

Jon

Hello Jon,

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Shantal,

Sorry but this has now taken too long.

I have had to make a decision so it is no use know.

D`ont bother spending any more time.

Jon

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello - and Welcome..

My name is MIKE.. Im really very sorry to see you have had a wait on your question -

Im quite happy to help you from here if you would like... I will be back on later this evening and will be sure to reply to a response from you - please just let me know if you still do need my help..

Best Rgds - MIKE..................................