Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi there i have a mercedes sprinter 313 cdi on a 59 plate

Customer Question

Hi there
i have a mercedes sprinter 313 cdi on a 59 plate with 203000 on the clock
the van lacks power going up hill dropping speed down to around 50mph
but runs absolutely fine on the flat reaching speeds of 95mph
i have had diagnostic done and comes up with the relevant codes

P226300
The boost pressure deviates from the specified value,pending stored

P04000
The flow in the exhaust gas recirculation (cylinder bank 1) has malfunction

What does this mean and how do i rectify these issues

Regards Steve
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes i am prepared to wait a little longer

Thankyou

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE,. Im happy to help you ..

The first thing to address with this Steve is the EGR system - faults here can have a knock on effect to the turbo side of things - so this is the first area of approach.

The EGR valve needs removing and thoroughly cleaning - some garages have a device that connects to the Egr valve that manually - off car, as it were, checks the actual operation for correct operation of the valve - and in so doing, if its proven ok, it can be used to open it to clean it properly... If its proven faulty - replacement is the only answer.

Too -its very important to clean where the Egr valve sits - this may mean removal of the manifold etc - but its important as if its clogged inside there - the valve code will come up - even with a new valve on.

Usually this as above will cure the whole issue - one way or the other as above - ie, cleaning or replacement of the Egr... but if not - if you then get the turbo system code back, you need to have the turbo system properly checked for boost pressure etc - that will find the fault there then ( again , if still there if after doing the above )

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Please do click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.