Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Windscreen wiper blade parks in centre of windscreen instead

Customer Question

Windscreen wiper blade parks in centre of windscreen instead of to the right. Is there an adjustment solution ?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Hello and Welcome -

My name isXXXXX happy to help you .

Please note I have answered you before with this -

Again, the usual fault when this occurs, is that the nuts that hold the wiper arm/s to the drive spindles have worked loose - or, the nut that attaches the arms / link arms to the motor itself.. so you need to check those. There is no adjustment screw such as you refer.

Its not at all unusual for both to happen at the same time - so do just check - you will need a spanner to check the tightness.... If they are found to tighten, position the wipers by moving them manually to the correct positions - then lock the nuts tight.

If thats not the issue , then the fault is either with a bad connection on the multi connector to the wiper motor ( which would be the self park circuit )..or, a fault with the wiper motor itself ( the self park circuit inside )

So in that case- check the connections to the wiper motor - unplug / check / clean - give a good wiggle to get a good connection - and retry them. If that cures it, thats that. If not - then the fault is as I mentioned - in the motor. Unless you could find someone to do a strip / repair ( which is unusual theses days to be honest ) then the answer is replacement usually. I would advise to have the circuit professionally before anything else at that stage / should you arrive at that stage - there have been the off occasions where the actual switch is at fault- that is somewhat rare - but I mention it just in case- and so should be checked as above then / at that point.

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Please do click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..