Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Mercedes 1991 300E when starting RPM 2000 and continues with

Customer Question

Mercedes 1991 300E when starting RPM 2000 and continues with the engine out of gear until the accelerator is pushed hard to high revs and allowed 'flip' back to return to idle position. This procedure sometimes has to be done several times. It is if some part of the linkage is sticking. Consumption is way too high. Any suggestions, thanks.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE, Im happy to help you ..

Certainly your symptoms are that the linkage system is sticking at some point - on the spindles etc usually - it will need to be physically inspected and rectified as you find..

I would suggest to have someone operate the pedal while you carefully check the linkage right through to the throttle body - if you dont see the issue there that way, disconnect it and manually operate it to find stiffness in the links etc... A good dose of WD 40 and then greasing usually is all thats needed.

If its not that as above then the issue is likely with the throttle body itself - you would need to strip and clean as you find...

Also - check carefully for any air ingress leaks - this can have an effect on the overall performance / fuel consumption etc..

Working through as above you should have this sorted - Don't forget to check the actual pedal too.

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Please do click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.