Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Do not charge me I have fixed it whilst waiting for reply! T

Customer Question

2001 slk r170 200 kompressor. Hi , this is my girlfriends car and have an issue. The other day whilst driving, the car had a major loss of power with bas/ esp light all at once, so she pulled over and stopped the car. I had the DTC codes read which were: p2006 intake air temp/ p200b hot film MAF / p2036 2nd air injectio / p203a m16 air fap/ p2042 throttle actuator. I had the codes cleared, replaced the MAF, throttle pedal potentiometer and engine throttle potentiometer, but still no better. The car is hunting whilst at idle and there is no throttle response. I have also checked all the fuses I can find and all seems fine. I should also point out that the ECU fan seems alittle noisier than usual but is still expelling plenty of air, so I don't think the module got hot (she had only been driving for 1minute and it was about 2degC ambient) any ideas as to what would stop throttle response and bring on a esp light but no engine management light?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?