MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
15777119

hi there.I have a Mercedes c180 compressor2006 and I think

Customer Question

hi there.I have a Mercedes c180 compressor2006 and I think I have a problem.after I 'm driving,i stop the engine,i take the key out,I lock the car,I take the key out ant then from outside I can hear a noise like tic tic tic tic .and that's for a few minutes after I stop the car. Is that normal or I have a problem? if you can help or give me an advice please.Thank you
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  MB Paul replied 3 years ago.

MB Paul :

Hi, my name is Paul & I will try to assist

MB Paul :

Noises are always very difficult to diagnose over the internet so to be sure I would always recommend having a professional technician inspect for any problems

MB Paul :

However it could just be the heat from the exhaust causing the metal to contract as it cools - it is not unusual to hear a ticking noise for a short while as the metal cools, especially on newer cars that use steel manifolds rather than older cast items

MB Paul :

If this is the noise then it is quite normal & nothing to worry about

MB Paul :

As said however it is very difficult to say for sure without listening to your vehicle closely to determine where the noise is coming from

MB Paul :

Best regards, Paul