mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Mercedes SL350, 2005,

Hi, I own a SL350, 2005, I have not used the car for a couple of weeks, unable to start, batteries flat so I renewed the rear battery and charged the front battery, great great fine, i started the engine no problem, then when I tried I put into drive, it will not move out of park position any ideas?

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Richard,

Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Are there any warning lights coming on at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No warning lights

The most common reason for this to happen on these vehicles is a failed brake pedal safety switch. This is a switch that is located on the brake pedal arm, and when failed the vehicle will not come out of park.
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have been away, but i have pasted your advice on to a friend that is sorting out the car, he has ordered the part, i should know in the next couple of days if that is the problem, will be in touch.

No problem. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, The brake pedal switch has been replaced, still no joy?