Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

I have a 124 230E 1988 speedo has stopped recording miles ,how

Customer Question

I have a 124 230E 1988 speedo has stopped recording miles ,how do I remove it
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is Marty. I apologize for the wait. The instrument cluster is pulled forward out of the opening but first the speedometer cable must be disconnected at the transmission end and allow it to hang freely otherwise the cable will be stretched when you pull the instrument cluster forward. After removing the cluster you will need to remove the screws that mount the speedometer into the housing. I've attached instructions below. Let me know if you have any questions.

Remove Instrument Cluster
Remove Speedometer

Please note that your good faith deposit does not pay the expert for his help until you leave a positive rating. Please be sure to rate my service!