mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

How do you change the time on my Mercedes E class Really perplexed

Customer Question

How do you change the time on my Mercedes E class
Really perplexed here
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.VEHICLES WITH NAVIGATION UNIT - not connected to Tele Aid

1. Ensure engine is running.

2. Press the SERV button on the left side of COMAND (3rd button down on left side next to TEL).

The system screen will appear. If not, click the SYSTEM soft key.

3. Press the TIME soft key.

4. Use the left or right arrow keys to select hours or minutes.

5. Press the up or down arrow keys to set the minutes and hours.

6. Each time the up or down arrow is pressed, the time will change in 30-minute increments.

7. Press the BACK soft key button or OK button.

8. Time is set. Analog clock on dash will automatically change also.

If the analog dashboard clock does not change along with the COMAND unit clock, turn engine off and on again or ensure the TIME SYNC is checkmarked ON in the settings menu under TIME/DATE sub heading.

If the Time Sync menu is missing, or Time Sync is on and the analog clock does not change, follow these instructions:

1. With engine running and car in Park, press left side lower button on steering wheel until the Settings display appears in the lower display of speedometer. Do not press Reset at this time.

2. Press the up arrow button located on the left side of steering wheel. A menu will appear in lower display of speedometer. Scroll down to Time or Time/Date using the (+) or (-) button on the right side of steering wheel.

NOTE: You must continue tapping the (+) or (-) button on steering wheel until menu appears. On some models, the Time/Date option is listed under submenu Vehicle.

3. Ensure Time is highlighted and press the up arrow to view Clock Hours then press (+) or (-) to adjust the hour. If minutes do not require adjusting, skip to step 5.

4. Press the up arrow (steering wheel) until Clock Minutes is displayed. Press (+) or (-) to adjust minutes.

5. Press the Reset or R button (small round button to the left of the fuel gauge). Clock will now run backward to 12 noon then automatically advance to the correct time.

6. Press the Page button on the left side of steering wheel to exit.