mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

speedo and petrol economy needle dose not work in my 320 s

Customer Question

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

From what you are describing this issue is consistent with failed stepper motors in the back of the instrument cluster, these are plastic motors in the back of the cluster that work each gage and they strip out over time. This was a very common issue on these vehicles and to correct the issue the cluster is replaced or rebuilt.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks it will be a few weeks before i can look at thise

No problem, thank you.