Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi,I own a mercedes c180 sport kompressor 2008,which mode is

Hi,I own a mercedes c180 sport kompressor 2008,which mode is most economical to drive it in,M,C,or S.Thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im sorry to see you have had a wait on your question...

This is a good question - not least because a lot of people believe that to use the car continually in C mode ( comfort ) would be the ideal..

- if you note what each mode means...
C = comfort and S = Sport mode. M = Manual mode .

" Comfort" means when you set off, the trans uses second gear and shifts at lower RPM, So that causes higher mpg..

S = Sport , starts the car off in First gear and the trans shifts at higher RPM... Even though the car shifts at higher Rpm - people tend to get a better Rpm because of how it work as above.. It also gives you a "sportier" drive -

Of course this can all actually come down to how its driven on an overall basis as to what mpg you get... but overall, S mode is favoured really.

But I suggest you try it - try it in different ranges / modes / different roads - you can go with what you "feel" - it wont harm the car whatever you do - but I hope the above helps.
Let me know if you need anything else..

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

.................Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

.....You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.