mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi my central locking on 3 locks isnt working (one does work

Customer Question

Hi my central locking on 3 locks isn't working (one does work sometimes). I took to a mechanic who charged me €300 for one switch and had my car for whole day. He said that it may not work to fix the rest and it didn't! Do I have to spend this amount of money on the other 2 locks or is there some other way of doing this? I read that it may only need a new fuse? If so which one is it? Thank you
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Which lock works sometimes?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi mike,
The back left lock sometimes works. It will generally work if I lock twice With the key fob.

Thanks colette
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Having a long wait first question and now an undetermined wait time
The issue that you are having is consistent with the main lock actuator inside of the drivers door. This actuator will affect all locks and is common to go bad. To correct this issue the drivers door actuator will need to be replaced.