mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a wdd221 2006 s320 cdi Merc and lately when I start

I have a wdd221 2006 s320 cdi Merc and lately when I start the car in the morning it feels like the battery is bad because the starting is delayed for a couple of seconds and the car smells of diesel or something similar until it warms up. After I have driven for about 20 min or so the engine noise increases .
Do you thinks it could be the fuel pump as about a year ago I have put wrong fuel( unleaded petrol instead of diesel). After the car is hot the power seems to be ok but the noise similar to tapets clicking increases the more I drive.
Many thanks. Sezar.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

From what you are describing the issue that you are having is consistent with the engine oil pump not priming up correctly and therefor not getting the oil to the cams fast enough. The first step is to have the engine oil pressure checked at hot and cold temperatures and at different RPM'S.
mike_a_mechanic, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.