Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

I have a CLK class 230 convertible. I removed the battery to

I have a CLK class 230 convertible. I removed the battery to recharge it now I cannot open the boot to put it back. I have tried several times using the emergency key but to no avail
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name isXXXXX you have access to jumper cables and a jumper battery?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Why do I need these? I have a fully charged battery but I am unable to get into the boot to put it back.

Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Because you need them to get into the trunk. I am going to tell you how to get into the trunk but you need a set of jumper cables. Do you have jumper cables?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I have a set of jumper cables. What next?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I have jumper cables

Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Ok, under the hood in front of the fuse box there should be a jumper terminal covered by a plastic cover with an X on the cover. Connect your positve cable to the terminals inside and your negative cable to a good ground on the chassis and you can power the car so you can use your remote to open the trunk. I've attached a picture of the jumper terminal below. Let me know how you make out.

graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thankyou, will give it a try and let you know

Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome Steve. Let me know if need any help with it.

Please note that your good faith deposit does not pay the expert for his help until you leave a positive rating. Please be sure to rate my service!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Took a while but it worked in the end. Thanks very much

Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
You're quite welcome Steve.