Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a flat battery on my Mercedes 500SL and with no emergency

I have a flat battery on my Mercedes 500SL and with no emergency key supplied with the car I'm unable to gain access - Any idea's?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you ..

In the situation you have with the car you have - you have a couple of ways forward ..

One method would be to have a breakdown company - if you have Rac or Aa etc...or, a local recovery company - to use a Lockout kit to gain entry to the car for you -

The only other way would be to go under the car at the front - remove the lower shield - then use a jump pack or battery with jump leads - connect the pos to the large connector on the starter motor ( it will not activate the starter ).. then the black, neg to any clean part of the engine block / body... for the earth.

This will put power through the system so that you can use your fob as normal to open the car... and then, either way as above, deal with the flat battery itself.

Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Ian..

This is MIKE who answered you re your question...as shown above.

The system is telling me you have replied after my answer, but I'm not seeing anything from you. Maybe it's a glitch.. But if not, if you did message me, it's not showing so please resend, thn I can carry on with you... Or, if not, if we are done, I just need you to then click on one of the OK ratings for me. Thank you.

Best Rgds, MIKE.