Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

I have a 98 Mercedes C240, in which the electric drivers seat

Customer Question

I have a 98 Mercedes C240, in which the electric drivers seat won't work at all, intermittently. I have taken it to my local Mercedes garage several times but of cause it works perfectly when it is there. I have seen several replies for seats that have failed completely which said it could be the fuse, but intermittent doesn't sound like the fuse.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name isXXXXX both of your power seats stop working at the same time?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Only the drivers seat is electric
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Ok, you should have a relay in the trunk that powers the seat module. I would recommend just replacing the relay. It very commonly fails intermittently on the C class. I've attached a picture of the K24 relay location below. The part number for the relay should be 002 542 22 19. Let me know if you have any questions.

graphic

Please note that your good faith deposit does not pay the expert for his help until you leave a positive rating. Please be sure to rate my service!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks I have sent for a new relay
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
You're quite welcome Roger.