Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi mike i have recently had the glow plugs changed on my Ml

Hi mike i have recently had the glow plugs changed on my Ml 270 the mechanic then said the injectors were blocked and need re conditioning he has apparantly done this the car now runs like a bag of spanners has no power in the lower gears and is spluttering in lower gears i am worried he has carried out work he should not have what should i do and is what he said right?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

... It sounds very much as though either he has done something wrong / amiss with the injectors... or one or more are plain faulty and no amount of cleaning / reconditioning can cure such... In that case, they have to be replaced.

What will have to be done here is to have the injectors tested properly - they can be checked by way of a plug in diagnostic test - with plug in equipment in the vehicles test socket - and its worth doing that first - to get fault codes if nothing else to see whats going on -

Then depending on what is found that way - a diesel leak off test should be performed ( this needs special equipment ) - and this will determine if one or more of the injectors are leaking fuel through excessive - as I may expect here... but after that and certainly if no other fault is detected at that test, the injectors need to be removed and tested on a proper test rig. I don't know what equipment your mech has got of course - but really, its usually only Diesel Specialists that have the proper equipment to carry out such tests - and successfully recon these injectors... So - I would really suggest that either yourself, or your mech, has it checked / tested as above - and that should show up exactly whats wrong and then go from there to getting this fixed / sorted out for you.

Its a little difficult to know whats gone on not being there - so that as above is your best way forward now to getting this sorted properly for you .

Let me know how you get on if you wish- or if you need anything else at all...I'm always happy to help more as and if needed -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.