Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

i have a 2001 c180 the dash has suddenly stoped working. car

Customer Question

i have a 2001 c180 the dash has suddenly stoped working. car starts and drives fine.
have checked all fuses and are ok.any ideas ?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you .

This is a fairly common / known issue with this model Im afraid - it usually means the dash cluster is going to need to be repaired / replaced...

What you can do though - as the dash cluster is a computer in itself - you can try a reboot procedure which I will give you .

To do this - you need to disconnect the car battery terminals - then connect them together - link with a wire if needed - then leave like that for 30 mins.. then, disconnect them - and reconnect to the battery... and see if the dash now works.

If it does - thats re booted it essentially ... If it doesn't work - or does but goes again, its faulty and will needed assessing. I can give you a contact for a company that does these repairs - their number is 0 1 6 3 4 - 6 8 7 2 2 2 .. there are others you can use of course but I know theses do a good job at a fair price.. considerably cheaper than new.. so if it should come to that , give them a call - they will talk you through everything inc costs etc. They operate a postal service so you just send the unit to them for them to then asses it - contact you back and sort it from there.

So you can try the re boot as above if you feel happy / confident to do that or have a local garage do it for you - and then progress as above as / if needed to get this cured for you.

Let me know how you get on - or if you need anything else at all...I'm always happy to help more as and if needed -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.