Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

i have a clk200 when I put the key in the ignition there wasnt

i have a clk200 when I put the key in the ignition there wasn't the normal clunk and I couldn't turn the key over,is this a problem with the key or the steering lock. i can not even lock the car with the electronic key now just the normal key
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name isXXXXX you are not hearing the sound of the steering lock unlocking the problem can be caused by a bad key, bad ignition switch, bad steering lock or a weak battery. Since the car also will not unlock with the remote it narrows the problem down to either a bad key or a bad ignition switch or a weak battery. If you have another key you should try that first. Next would be to check the battery to be sure it is fully charged. Next would be to order a replacement key to try if you don't have a spare. If the replacement key does not solve the problem the ignition switch will need to be replaced.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Please note that your good faith deposit does not pay the expert for his help until you leave a positive rating. Please be sure to rate my service!