Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

The boot and doors will only unlock manually on my S Class

The boot and doors will only unlock manually on my S Class 320 car
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.

Marty :

Hi, my name isXXXXX you able to enter into the chat at this time?

Customer: Yes
Marty :

Hi, can you post your vin number for me?

Customer: What is a vin number?
Marty :

It's your 17 digit chassis number.

Customer: Where would I find that please?
Marty :

It's on your vehicle registration. I just need to confirm the model so I can look up the correct information on your car.

Customer: Vehicle registration in London I am in Herne,Kent
Marty :

Ok, I am going to assume that you have a W220 chassis. If your locks are not working most likely the vacuum pump for the locks has failed or the fuse has blown. I'd check the fuse first. The fuse is located in the rear fuse box below the rear seat cushion. Fuse 62 is for the vacuum pump.

Marty :

Click here for the fuse box diagram.

Marty :

Do you know where the rear fuse box is located?

Customer: No
Marty :

You will need to remove the footwell light below the rear seat cushion and access the fuses through there. On a US model the fuse box is on the right side. I don't know if that will apply to your car. If you remove the right side lamp and you don't see any fuses you will need to look on the left side.

Customer: I think I will ask local dealer to check and replace any faulty fuses. Thanks for your help and will get back to you if necessary. Do you have number for local dealer near Herne or Canterbury?
Marty :

You're quite welcome. I am in the US and do not know the dealers in your area. You can go to the Mercedes website and click on the dealer locater.

Customer: Ok