MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
15777119

merc cls 09 power loss on driving wont go over 30 mph any

Customer Question

merc cls 09 power loss on driving wont go over 30 mph any ideas
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  MB Paul replied 3 years ago.

MB Paul :

Hi, my name is Paul & I will try to assist you

MB Paul :

It sounds like either the engine or the gearbox has gone into limp mode - this happens when either system detects certain faults

MB Paul :

If the transmission is still shifting through the gears then it is likely that the engine has a fault - if however the transmission is stuck in one gear & not shifting then the transmission is in limp mode

MB Paul :

in either case the first step in diagnosing the problem is to have the car checked on a diagnostic tool such as Mercedes STAR to see what fault codes are stored - this will help pinpoint the cause of the limp mode

MB Paul :

There are various different issues that can all cause the same symptoms so it is very important to find out what fault codes are stored

MB Paul :

Let me know if you need anything else.

MB Paul :

Best regards, Paul