Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

my sprinter(NNN) NNN-NNNNtakes a while to start then runs fine

Customer Question

my sprinter(NNN) NNN-NNNNtakes a while to start then runs fine with usual driving performance its just the initial start thats a problem it spins over and over then if i start again shortly after its ok if i leave it for a while its difficult to start again help please
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you ...

Your symptoms are that of faulty or plain worn out glow plugs... If these have not been checked or changed, that would be your most likely issue here.

IF its not that - ie, you have already done that -even though its not mentioned above - then you would need to have a plug in diagnostic test done - one to check for any relevant fault codes - and then act on whatever is retrieved - but two - to run live data tests on the fuelling system - to check pressures etc etc... One way or the other, that will find the cause of the problem you have there - such is common with these models...

Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.