Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

my 1998 e300td the heater fan will not blow in cold weather

my 1998 e300td the heater fan will not blow in cold weather under 5degrees,once the engine compartment has warmed up it starts to work ok,what is the problem,and how much will it cost to recetify.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise -

This problem / fault is usually caused by an over worn heater motor unit. When cold they stick on the commutator so won't run - it will get so that it wont run at all whatever the weather eventually.
The answer to that is a replacement heater motor to fix that issue for you. As to costs , I cannot really say - you would need to price up a replacement motor - if new, from a parts supplier or dealer - you can often find them on the net cheaper too. As to fitting costs, I recommend you ask a couple of local garages for prices - I cant say of course as they all charge different labour rates - so just get the best price and go with that .

Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Tech Expert