MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Mercedes Benz Qualified Diagnostic Technician
15777119

Hi The command system on my merc E class has just stopped

Customer Question

Hi The command system on my merc E class has just stopped allowing me to connect it to my iphone. It was ok, but this last week it has connected automatically for a short time only in the morning. During the course of the day, I have to try to connect it manually but it is unable to do this. I get the circle showing me that it is trying to connect but the circle only gets to about 3/4 full before the system dies and the connection not made. The system then switches itself back on again and the same thing happens. The radio and sat nav system all work, it's just the connection to bluetooth that is causing the problem.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  MB Paul replied 3 years ago.

MB Paul :

Hi, my name is Paul and I will try to assist you.

MB Paul :

in around 90% of telephone problems we see it is the phone causing problems rather than the car - in the first instance switch the iphone completely off & restart the phone to see if this then works in your car

MB Paul :

if not then delete the bluetooth connection from both the iphone & the car (unless you have full phone prep with a bluetooth adapter or iphone cradle - in this case just delete it from the iphone). Then try pairing the phone again with a fresh connection.

MB Paul :

If the phone still does not connect after this then I would try getting hold of another phone to see if this works - it may be a physical problem with your phone if another phone pairs ok

MB Paul :

If after all of this the phone will still not connect then it will need to be checked out on Mercedes STAR diagnostic tool to see if there are any faults in the system or if there is a software update for the car.

MB Paul :

Best regards, Paul

JACUSTOMER-e78hmky0- :

thanks . I am certain it is not my phone as it's the same with my son;

JACUSTOMER-e78hmky0- :

's phone and my husband's but I will see what happens when I delete and restart the bluetooth connection in the car.

MB Paul : Ok, let me know how you get on with this
MB Paul : regards, Paul