Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

sprinter 316 sprintshift gearbox.fault signal on dash .unable

sprinter 316 sprintshift gearbox.fault signal on dash .unable to start.traction control fault. please advise remedy.chassis no.wdb9036122r6568608

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Stan replied 3 years ago.
Please have the fault codes read out with Star Diagnosis computer and also check the fuses under the seat. Most common cause for the symptoms is failed sprintshift electro-hydraulic pump. It is mounted on the left side of transmission. Knocking on it might make it work for a short while.

There are other possible causes as well, but they can be pinpointed only with the diagnostic computer check.

regards,
Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Technical support engineer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

mechanic informed of your diagnosis.i will update you on progress in due course.thanks for help.i am pretty confident this could be the problem.sorry not to get back to you sooner.