Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have oil leaking from the overhead cam solenoid. The oil

I have oil leaking from the overhead cam solenoid. The oil runs along the solenoid wires into the tube that covers the wires downwards. This affects the electrics which cause the engine to run very lumpy. I understand that in the USA this is subject to a 'campaign'. Is there an equivalent campaign in the UK?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you ..

Can you please give me the vehicles Full reg number and VIN - then we can progress on this -

Kind Rgds, MIKE......................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

cReg no is: HN55XKW off hand dont know vin no

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Willem -

Thank you for your reply..

Ok I have checked the UK MB databases and do not see any recall for your vehicle in regard to this.

I do also have the direct contact info for you - where you can contact MB recall line direct should you wish, for this or anything at all / now or future that may be helpful for you - and that info is as follows for you :

Mercedes Benz (UK) Ltd. (0 1 9 0 8) 2 4 5 0 0 0 - Ask for recall info dept.

It may be as well for you to double check - they will be able to do a more in depth search with the cars VIN as I mentioned before so be sure to have that if you call them.

Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.