whats likely to have happened here is the alarm battery insider the siren has failed
usually a new siren with a new battery solves the issue
1. how do I firstly locate the siren and battery to endeavor to remove it?
2.Having located it can I just disconnect the cables leading to the siren or will this lead to further problems such as being unable to start the car?
3. The car is old so less likely that anyone would bother to steal it. I dont want to spend too much money on it. Should I take it to a mercedes agent and get a star diagnostic run on it before proceeding?
4. If I find the old siren and put in a new rechargeable battery ( assuming it has not corroded the circuit board) would this be a low cost solution?
Attachments are only available to registered users.
Thanks for info so far.
This car is an estate.
1. I fired up the alarm and the location of the siren appears to be on passengers side (Left hand side) but in front of the front wheel tyre not behind it.
2. There also appears to be an armoured cable going down from rear of front left hand lamp cluster towards this location. Would this be the cable that fires up the alarm?
3. so to confirm is the access to the siren from the outside of the car by removing the plastic splash guard in front of the near side tyre?