Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

can I tow a caravan with a shipping length off 26 feet with

can I tow a caravan with a shipping length off 26 feet with my Mercedes viano cdi 2.2 long ?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

the maximum length you can tow for a towing vehicle under 3500 kg gross vehicle weight ( which your vivano is with a max gross weight of 3050Kg) is then 7metres

this does not include the drawbar but is the total length of the towed trailer / caravan

so I'm sorry to say that 26 feet = 7.92 metres so this is not a legal combination unless you're measuring the drawbar in that 26 feet

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi, if I take off the length of the drawbar I'm i ok to tow ? i don't know the length of the tow bar,thanks

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
Hello Brian

if the length of the main body of the caravan is 7.0 meters or under then you're OK to tow

if the drawbar is more than 0.92 metres in length then this would be enough to pass