Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

I have a mercedes c240 which is giving me some grief. The problems

I have a mercedes c240 which is giving me some grief. The problems seem to be associated with the cooling fan which runs at fast speed continuously. I have had a new fan fitted,theto know t air con system recharged,the ecu checked and serviced but all to no avail. Nobody seems he cause. What to do next?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please continue with my problwm

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Stan replied 3 years ago.
There is a separate fan control module installed next to the bumper in the driver's wheel arch. It is controlling the fan speed depending on the orders from AC and engine control units. When it fails, fan is on in the safe mode. It should be replaced.

Regards,
Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Technical support engineer