Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

How do you remove the interior front door panels on a 2008

Customer Question

How do you remove the interior front door panels on a 2008 Vito to be able to change the window switch?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Shantal. I'm surprised that it's taking so long to get an answer. Internal door trim panels are removed to get access to the window switch, window mechanism and motor, glass, speaker, bodywork repairs etc so it's not that uncommon an event. I do still require an answer as it's awkward not being able the open and close my window.

All I can find is a single screw at the hinge end of the door about half way down. I'm reluctant to take pot luck by removing the screw and then trying to prise the various sections of the trim off with a screwdriver as if I chose the wrong place I could snap of a retaining clip or cause damage.

Someone from a paint shop or bodywork repair department should know the correct procedure.

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Hello and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you ..

Im sorry to see you have had a wait on your question - as for myself, I have been off for a few days , so Im sorry about that ..

Ok - I will give you the instructions you need in a pdf file - and that is HERE for you -

You may see slight differences per exact year of build but that should help you with all you need... once off - the switch block is easy to deal with as you will see.

Let me know if you need anything else -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

..>>> >> > ...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.