Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

My car is Merc Automatic Compressor 200.I am trying to change

Customer Question

My car is Merc Automatic Compressor 200.I am trying to change the oil but the nut on the sump is proving difficult to remove,to remove it do I turn it clockwise or anticlockwise?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Sump plugs will be anti clockwise to undo - clockwise will tighten it - sometimes these do get put on fairly tight or in some cases far too tight - so once you get your ring spanner/ratchet socket what ever your using you might need to give it tap round with hammer in anticlockwise direction..and that should get it to start moving so you can manaully take it the rest of the way out..although before you remove the plug you need a new washer for it before installing the sump plug back in..I do hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Robert,thanks for the help with the Nut on the Sump of my Merc.It was
very helpful,oil is now changed and I am back on the road.Brendan

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there..Glad to of been of help to you..If you ever need any further help or advice then just ask..and i'll be glad to help..PS..please dont forget to rate my responce above much appreciated! regards Robert