Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

we have been supplied with 40 Mercedes sprinters built for

Customer Question

we have been supplied with 40 Mercedes sprinters built for school use in N Ireland, we have to fit the road safety jack and jill signs front and back, ok to position the wiring loom necessary to the rear we have to drop the head cloth on one side which has the strip lighting installed It is relatively easy to get down but to to reinstall is not easy. Must be a special tool used or a special technique required
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you .

As you say - its ok to get down - getting it back , straight and tight is the difficult bit.. and to be honest - always is -for anyone that does it.

You have likely I imagine just pulled the liner down without any special tools - the only tools for the job are like forked / two pronged "trim clip" tools - that you use to prise the liner edging off.... and actually the same tool is used - inserted in and used as a lever - to lever the trim back on over the metal part - hence - pulling the lining tight and fitting nice.

Its not easy - it takes a bit of practice - but with all those to do .. you will have the practice! You can purchase these tools ( along with a set or individually ) of such body / material tools from most any car parts supplier / motor factors.. most have a body section so I would suggest to ask there - they are not expensive at all... but the tool will definitely help you to do it right. Again - there is no special / particular named tool - just those as mentioned above-- If you tell them what you are doing, they will know what you mean / need - or mention trim / clip tools as above and they will know.

Let me know if you need anything else -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

..>>> >> > ...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.