Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi I have a 312d sprinter when going good revs out to 4000

Customer Question

I have a 312d sprinter when going good revs out to 4000 revs but every now and then will only rev to 3000 or 3500 should I have injectors checked hugo
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE- Im happy to help / advise..

I note you say you have "changed oil and filters".... If that didn't inc the fuel and air filters - then you should change them first / now and see if there is any improvement.... fuel filters on these are susceptible to clogging...

Now you dont mention the mileage - but if its relatively high, then yes, the injectors can certainly be your problem / suspects... You can have them removed and cleaned etc - and that will usually cure such issues -- but - do check all else too..inc any loose / perished pipework especially on the intake side of the engine and turbo side.. anything like that can cause this.

Too- check for any diesel leaks - espeically at the pump -where the pipes fit.. they can leak on the "O" rings there - and cause the issues you have.

I would honestly suggest to check it out as above first - and then, if nothing is found -have a local diesel specialist run some tests on it before removing injectors etc -- Its worth paying to have some actual tests done such as pressure - flow rate - injector leakage and so on... rather than spending on the injectors at this point - then that will ID at a reasonable price for you the way forward to cure this. They have all the test equipment to hand - much better to use such a place if you can than a general garage for this.. Again - check it yourself as I have mentioned, but then do as above if needed first - thats the best / cost effective way forward on this one.

Let me know if you need anything else -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

..>>> >> > ...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.