Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

Mercedes c180...... SRS red light is on each time I start the

Customer Question

Mercedes c180...... SRS red light is on each time I start the vehicle, I have quick tested the ratchet on all seat belts and all seem fine. Is there any thing else it could be.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.
Hi, the SRS light can come on for a number of reasons ranging from a faulty clockspring in the steering column or a faulty air bag or occupant seat sensor or one of the other sensors in the system. We even see faulty connections cause the SRS light to come on. The only way to determine what is causing the light to come on is to get the car connected to the Mercedes Star Diagnosis tester to read out the fault codes in the SRS system. The codes will point to the specific problem.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty