Mike
Mike, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

vito bus fault code p2268

Customer Question

vito bus fault code p2268
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you -

The fault code you have is related to the battery light coming on - the definition of the fault code you have is as follows:

P2268 Alternator, CAN data bus - short circuit Wiring, alternator, glow plug control module

So these are the things to check given what you have - as above.

A common fault with these too is the alternator clutch pulley - often you can tell if the clutch pulley has failed ( the clutch part) by seeing that the belt is too loose - so check that... check when running also. Usually thats the fault here - but if not - the wiring / then alternator needs testing properly ...Too - you will notice the glow plug control module listed -a rare er fault - but does happen. If all else is ruled out as above -you then need to check that - but 99% of the time -with that code - and the battery light coming on as you have - its one or the other as above.

Let me know if you need anything else -

.>> >> > ..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.