Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

how do i reset the brake wear light on dash of mercedes 420gl

how do i reset the brake wear light on dash of
mercedes 420gl year 2008
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 3 years ago.

Marty :

Hi, my name isXXXXX is no reset procedure for the pad warning light on the GL. Once you replace the brake pad wear sensor the light resets itself. If you did not replace the wear sensors (both front and rear may be needed) the light will not turn off.

Customer:

ccx

Customer:

Have replaced both sensors and the light is still staying on.

Marty :

You need to recheck your sensors and make sure they are plugged in all the way. Also check the sensor harness and make sure it isn't damaged.

Marty :

Let me know what you find out. Please remember that you must rate my service in order for me to receive credit for my help.